d) DATA CONTROLLER: Data Controller is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Data Controller shall be referred to either by Data Controller's name or "Data Controller."
e) OPERATOR: Operator is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Website and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein, along with Data Controller. Operator shall be referred to either by Operator's name or "Operator." If Operator or Operator's property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: us, we, our, ours, etc.
Article 2 - GENERAL CONSENT:
Article 3 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU:
Depending on how you use our Website, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
a) Contacting us. During the process of contacting us, we will collect some of the following Personal Data from you through your voluntary disclosure: • Name; • Phone number; • E-mail; Personal Data may be asked for in relation to: • Interaction with our representatives in any way; • Making purchases; • Receiving notifications by text message or email about marketing; • Receiving general emails from us;
• Joining mailing lists.
• Engaging with our Social Media;
• Contact us with an inquiry.
b) Unregistered users: If you are a passive user of the Website and do not register for any purchases or other service, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection ("Passive Data Collection"). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
c) All users: The Passive Data Collection that applies to Unregistered users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of our Website. d) Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through your voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications.
e) User Experience: From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Website, and the Goods we sell, such as demographic information or your particular preferences. f) Content Interaction: Our Website may allow you to comment on the content that we provide or the content that other users provide, such as blogs, multimedia, or forum posts. If so, we may collect some Personal Data from you at that time, such as, but not limited to, username or email address. g) Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update our Website for your and other consumers' use.
Article 4 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY:
• Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-orallow-cookies
• Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Website also makes use of log files that store automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows: • internet protocol (IP) address;
• Type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Website;
• Name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP);
• Date and time of visit;
• Web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit;
• Possibly the number of clicks. The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller. For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Data such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Website or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Website and our users. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
Article 5 - THIRD PARTIES:
We may utilize third-party service providers ("Third-Party Service Providers"), from time to time or all the time, to help us with our Website, and to help serve you.
• We may use Third-Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
• Payment information, credit card transactions.
• Analytics, product tracking and marketing platforms, communication platforms and contractors to process data.
• Logistics and operations technology platforms and system to transmit order and other information within our supply chain.
• Warehouse, distribution, and freight companies to fulfill and deliver orders to you.
• We may provide some of your Personal Data to Third-Party Service Providers in order to help us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Website. • We may use Third-Party Service Providers to host the Website. In this instance, the Third-Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Data.
• We may use Third-Party Service Providers to fulfill orders in relation to the Website.
Article 6 - SOCIAL NETWORK PLUGINS:
with the particular social network. The collection and use of information obtained by means of the plugin are governed by the respective privacy policies of the social networks, which can be found below:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies
• Pinterest: https://about.pinterest.com/it/privacy-policy
• Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
• Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
Article 7 - HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction. Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data. Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data. In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 8 - PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Website and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Website. Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies. Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
• Improving your personal user experience
• Communicating with you about your user account with us
• Marketing and advertising to you, including via email
• Fulfilling your purchases
• Providing customer service to you
• Advising you about updates to the Website or related Items
Article 9 - DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
• To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations
• To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
• As may be necessary for the operation of our Website
• To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users
• If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Website or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules
Article 10 - OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US:
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Website such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: Support@Care.Life. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications. Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Website or about your account with us. By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Website in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 11 - MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may reach out to us at the following email address: Support@Care.Life or visit the following link https://www.care.life/delete-account-information.
Article 12 - ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
information at your own risk.
Article 13 - YOUR RIGHTS:
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
• The right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Data
• The right to have access to your Personal Data
• The right to update and/or correct your Personal Data
• The right to portability of your Personal Data
• The right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data
• The right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data
• The right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law
• The right to launch a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United
Article 14 - CONTACT INFORMATION:
1. Information We Collect:
1.1 Personally Identifiable Customer Information: Care.Life takes the privacy and security of your personally identifiable information seriously. We collect and process Customer Information in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations pertaining to the protection of personally identifiable information. Customer Information may include names, contact details, and any other information provided by Customers during registration or usage of the Platform.
1.2 Consent Forms and Resident Monitoring: As part of the agreement with Care.Life, Customers agree to have all Residents sign a consent form allowing monitoring. If a Resident chooses not to sign a consent form, Customers are required to notify Care.Life
2. How We Use Customer Information
2.1 Product Development and Improvements: We may use Customer Information internally for the purposes of product development, service enhancement, and to improve the overall user experience of the Platform.
2.2 Communication: We may use Customer Information to communicate with you, including responding to inquiries, providing important updates or information related to the Platform, and sending promotional materials.
Care.Life may use Customer Information for the following purposes:
3. How We Protect Customer Information
3.1 Data Security: Care.Life employs reasonable and appropriate security measures to safeguard Customer Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures may include encryption, secure socket layer (SSL) technology, access controls, and regular security reviews.
4. Disclosure of Customer Information
4.1 Third-Party Service Providers: Care.Life may share Customer Information with trusted third-party service providers who help us in operating the Platform or conducting our business. These third-party service providers are contractually bound to keep the confidentiality and security of Customer Information.
4.2 Legal Compliance and Protection: Care.Life may show Customer Information if needed to do so by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities. We may also disclose Customer Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of others, or to prevent or investigate potential wrongdoing.
Last Updated: 12/26/2023
3000 S Sierra Vista Way, Provo, Utah 84606
© Copyright 2023 by Care.Life Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved